I would be lying if I said that life has always been a flowery experience, and has gone from one joyfilled phase to the next.
When you look at the big picture it has. When You’re looking at the big picture you’re not seeing what it took to get there. You don’t see the downs where we have made the decision to get back up. We see the results of getting back up and going we see the final outcome which is VICTORY.
- There comes times in our lives that we are simply down. We can be severely down. For so many reasons. It appears as though we have , just reason to quit. Just reason to see no possible good outcome to the situation youre facing. You could be beaten by the trials of life and it may appear and feel easier to – just stay down.
- You could have circumstances and trials that have simply plead a case that should allow you to just stay down and out.
- My friend I am here to tell you that God has intended and empowered you no matter what to get back up. You may be down but you are never out.
You could easily say to me ” Well you don’t know my situation.” You are right. I may not know the exact depths of what you are facing. You may have some tough things to overcome. I do know tough times, I have been there myself. I personally have overcome some really hard things. I will be honest my first reaction was not always to get baack up and fight.
Many times I did get knocked down and think ” Why me God.” Why God.”. The first reaction is to always blame someone else for why we are down. We all face pain, loses, failures, mistreatments, sickness, despair, you name it each of us have faced things that we could take and allow us to keep us down. EVEN AS BELIEVERS we are going to face storms and trials that knock us down and what seems like out. Yet they don’t have to.The why is because our ability to overcome has such great power , power we don’t often recognize. I will talk about the testimony that your life is. Know this NOBODY even Jesus was not exempt from trials.
- When I read my Bible I am motivated and stirred up by The Apostle Paul. Paul was a confident character. Filled with reassurance from the Lord himself that nothing could keep him down. Literally nothing.
- I look at the recollection of Paul’s sufferings and despair in Acts 14: 18 – 22. Paul goes about preaching the word with Barnabas and the people see mighty works go out. Paul is just doing what He is called to do. Preach the Word , see it work, and as a result lives are being changed one after another. By all appearances Paul should be walking in the greatest victory here.
- Yet that is not what happens. Paul is fulfilling his obligation to preach the Gospel and its working yet the people turn and begin to see Paul and Barnabas as gods. They Begin worshipping them as opposed to God who through them did the work.
- Paul and Barnabas plead with the crowds to not offer sacrifces to them. Preaching that it is God who has shown mercy and power to them. Yet the people will not listen . Word of this spreads and a crew from Anticoch come and decide Paul needs to die.
- Here after doing exactly what he has been commissioned to do Paul is taken and stoned to what they thought was death. They Dragged Paul outside the city it says and to what they though was the end of his life stoned him.
- How many of us can say that we have to what it seems – been dragged through so very much and then hit with so many trials, storms and hurts that we are down and at deaths door?
- Enough. Right? You have done your part to serve God. ENOUGH now God I am hanging it up. I am through fighting a loosing battle.
- Who has been there?
- We all have, and maybe you are there right this very moment.
- Paul was there. Surely stoned to unconscious. They assumed him dead and left. He could have stayed down. Paul preached to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. So Paul could have easily and been justified to stay down. Paul could have gone home to be with his Lord. He could have stepped into glory.
- As the disciples stood around Paul – he did not stay down.
- PAUL ROSE UP FROM HIS DEATH.
- He rose up and went to continue doing exactly what had put him there.
The answer is simple. Because that is what we have been created to do. When we became saved we became just as Paul. Comissioned to live a life that was a testimony to Gods power.
Paul had 3 things. 3 distinct things that we all should grasp ahold of so when we get knocked down wee don’t get knocked out we know how to get right back up. Here are those three POWERFUL traits we all can adapt into our lives.
- Commission . Paul had a great commission or calling on his life. We all do. When Paul was down, laying there stoned to what was assumed death by all Paul thought back to one thing. One thing that you and I ought to think back to every time we get knocked down, the power of that first encounter of our salvation.
When we are able to quickly recall what God has originally and is still doing in our lives. The commission and order that He has placed on it we stand in gratitude knowing that what may have us down at that moment will not keep us down unless we allow it. We remember that we were once so low we were not even saved yet by God’s grace we got back up then. We can get back up now. Paul had GREAT VALUE , as should you and I on the calling that is placed on our lives.
We were called out of a life of darkness.
We are called to live a life of victory no matter what it appears to be.
We are called to preach the Gospel to others through our lives daily.
We have been given a power , an indwelling of the power of God. The Holy Spirit himself resides within us empowering us through Christ Jesus to do all things.When we grasp this that Commission on our lives becomes powerful and real. Preventing us from allowing ourselves the time to be down. We get back up, no matter what. I said it NO MATTER WHAT. Paul did. Remember you’re salvation and you’ll remeber that you can get back from anything.
- Courage. Paul had great courage to get back up through everything that He faced. Yet he continually got back up. Why? Because Paul had a revelation of the Courage and power that each and everyone of us have in Christ Jesus. Paul had courage and confidance in ONE THING. The power of God. When You have that confidence, thant unshakable certainty that ” Nothing can separate you from His love.” You get back up.
This is important that you recognize that the great courage paul had was not a special calling alone to him. This confidence, this courage is given to each of us. We decide the level to which we allow it to operate in our lives. You many say I am not a great preacher. I am not a minister of the Gospel. I am just your average person with a job and a normal life who is trying to make it through
WRONG.Each and everyone of us who have been saved are called according to Christ to preach the good news. YOUR LIFE is a living example and testimony to the power of God which resides within every believer. You may not see it – but others are watching you. Unbelievers are waiting to see what you are going to do when you get hit with a storm. Will you rise to the occasion and rest in the confidence and courage that Christ himself has given you? Or will you shrink back and take the beating staying down. A Believer who has power will rise up. Regardless of what they feel like they will get back up knowing that their lives re everyday testimonies to the world of how our God reigns. Right there is where your victory awaits in simply getting back up. You may not know what to do but the first step is to get up. God will give you the courage and confidence to pursue, trust Him.
- Conviction. Lastly this encompasses the previous two and puts them in one. Paul’s CONVICTION, was powerful.
- A conviction is a strong convincing persuasion to pursue what you KNOW to be true.
- Paul was FULLY PERSUADED that through the highs and the lows that he do one thing. Serve God.
Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[a]
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b]neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Paul was fully convinced, persuaded, convicted in his heart that he persue. He knew we were MORE THAN CONQUERORS – through Christ alone. Nothing can separate us as Paul said from the Love of God. That is nothing unless you allow it. You may be down and feel so far from the love of your Heavenly Father. Get up . Rise up and there you will find that love that does so much. It fills, it comforts, it heals, it is filled with joy, it empowers , it OVERCOMES the lowest of the low. It is not always easy but never loose your grasp and persuasion of the love that God has for you no matter who you are. God desires to see you have the victory in all things. You just have to go for it.
Believe me although you may not know it I have had plenty of opportunities to call it quits. I have tried to end it all and God’s great love brought me back. I look at that and I am reminded of this. No matter what it looks like I HAVE THE VICTORY. I just have to get up. I encourage you to do the same. You have been given all the same power that Christ Jesus himself had to conquer and reign in this life.
Today I believe you will simply rise up in confidence of God’s love and begin to walk out the steps of all that God has for you. Know that I am praying for each and everyone of you that God strengthen and enlighten you to what you already have – the victory.
As always Know you are loved.